This is a list of our most frequently asked questions (FAQ). If you don’t find what you’re looking for here, try the search box to the right. If you still don’t find what you’re looking for, there is a contact form at the bottom.

What time is the Taft landfill open?

The Taft Landfill is operated by Kern County and is open Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Sunday from 12:00 noon to 4:00 pm.

My container is damaged, can I have it replaced?

Yes. There is no charge to replace a residential damaged cart. Call (661) 763-5135 or use our contact form to arrange a replacement.

What is the holiday pick-up schedule?

Westside Waste only modifies it’s pick-up schedule for 4 holiday when the Landfill is closed.  They are New Years’ Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.  Watch our website and the Midway Driller for pick-up schedule changes.  You can also call our office anytime (661) 763-5135.

What are your office hours?

Westside Waste office is open Monday – Friday from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm.

Can I pay my bill with a credit card?

Yes, call (661) 763-5135.

You can also pay your bill through our website here.

Do you take large items that won’t fit in my container?

Yes, in universal collection areas.  The bulky item pick-up is for furniture and appliances.  You can find your bulky item pick-up day for your area here.

Why didn’t my garbage get picked up?

Your container needs to be available at 5:00 am and free of anything blocking the truck from accessing it (vehicles, etc). You can call our office at (661) 763-5135 and we will check your exact address with your driver for more details.

Can I put my old fencing in the alley for Westside Waste to pick-up?

No, this is considered construction waste. Construction waste (lumber, carpet, dry-wall, concrete, asphalt, etc) has to go to the landfill separately and have a gate fee paid.

I just moved into this house, do I need to pay for service?

If you are in a universal service area, your garbage pick-up charge is billed on the property tax bill.  If you’re not sure, call our office at (661)763-5135.

What recycling services do you offer?

Westside Waste Management offers a 96 gallon blue cart or 3 yard bin for co-mingled recycling in some areas. Please call or office for pricing. (661) 763-5135

For more information on recycling, please download Kern County Waste’s Recycling Guide:

Kern County Recycling Guide

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Question